Tuesday 21 February 2012

Just One Sketch - Simply Stunning

I've completed my 2011 holiday album....but the photos from our 2010 holiday are still sitting in the packets.......after our friend died last year I lost all enthusiasm to scrap them.....but I've been looking at them recently......and I do want an album of our last holiday together.....it's just hard getting started.
But a prompt in the 'Just One Sketch' class asked us to 'go large' with our sketch.....and the photos I took of the Sagrada Familia church in Barcelona seemed perfect for this prompt. I took dozens of photos there.....but I'm only going to scrap a few of them......I'll probably make a simple 'full of photos' page to go with this one.
I know not everyone likes Gaudi's church.......but I loved it......I thought it was just stunning....but as we were only in Barcelona for a day.......and the queues were so long......we didn't have time to go inside......this means I'm planning on returning........and hopefully before it's 'due to be completed' date of 2026!!!!!

20 comments:

Jimjams said...

It is a masterpiece isn't it - I'm amazed at the man's vision (and the authorities commitment to completing it). We couldn't face the queues either - next time.

I love the way your page has torn edges which mimic all the tactile surfaces of the building.

Anonymous said...

This sketch is one of church.It look so fabulous.This type of hard sketch look so different and art creations are so extra ordinary work.

micro scooters

Sian said...

You got some fabulous close up photos! and I don't think you could have picked papers and embellishments which could have gone any better. It's a great look.

Cheri said...

Sarah also loved it when she visited. Makes me want to go see it some day!

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

Just seeing your photos and layout makes me want to go there! Beautiful!!!

Kathyk said...

I'm with you matey - simply stunning and the photos aren't bad either (boom boom!) That sketch is fantastic isn't it? SOOOOOO versatile

Happy Tuesday

Kathyk

Fiona@Staring at the Sea said...

Wow! It looks amazing in your photos. As Jemma says the torn edges compliment them perfectly.

Fiona@Staring at the Sea said...

That should be complement!

Denise said...

Perfect! Simply stunning layout and photos - I'm playing catch up on blogs - and on Kirsty's class now x

Scrappi Sandi said...

Simply Stunning! 'Bella Bellissima!!' Your choice of PP & embellies are perfect to echo the designs in Gaudi's masterpiece! I love the way you've overlapped the photo's too...genius!!

pinky said...

Its a great layout, wow to your photos Jacky. Love the colours and the little flower embellishments.

Anonymous said...

Your sketch really suits going large and those photos are stunning.

Sandra said...

With that amazing photo, it's so good that you did a large photo layout .... Stunning

Amy said...

Last year I was listening to a radio interview with an Australian Engineer who is working to get the church finished, along with hundreds of others, it sounds like a fascinating masterpiece. Great shots Jacky and I agree with Sian, excellent paper choices!

Melissa said...

Great layout Jacky - I especially like how you made the S different in your title.

BTW - I have a new Pass the Book up on my blog, be sure to check it out.

Maria Ontiveros said...

I love the patterned paper you chose. I know what you mean about some things being too painful to scrap.
Rinda

Anonymous said...

These photos are amazing!

Stephanie said...

Stunning Jacky! I think the Gaudi church looks a lot better 'in real life' - I was awe-struck standing in front of it despite previously thinking it was ugly when I just saw pictures x (p.s. I'm sure scrapping the pics of the holiday with your friend will evoke many wonderful memories - bitter sweet I think)

Alison said...

I think it's an amazing building too Jacky...though have never braved the queues to go inside either...you really have done done a great job with this page showcasing your pics!
Alison xx
Alison xx

alexa said...

Gosh, what fantastic photos - going large really does them justice. The colours all tie in perfectly ...